It’s Time To Move Forward
Never in my life did I ever think I would hear of my fellow citizens considering secession. I honestly feel like people are overreacting to the election. Part of the founding of the United States was so that we elect our officials. Not liking election results is one thing, but to go to the extreme of saying you want to secede? I am ashamed of some of my fellow Americans. I am appalled. I haven’t liked a lot of election results, but I have never considered renouncing my citizenship. It is part of who I am. I think those people need to consider if you give it up, there’s no coming back. Leave and you’re gone. You do not have the same rights as us anymore and you are freaking on your own! You no longer have our protection or any other luxuries. You think it is so great to be off on your own? I bet you thought being an adult was easy, too. Was it so simple once you reached adulthood? I kinda doubt it.
I am so proud to be an American. I hope other Americans will remember what it is about and how lucky they really are. Many would gladly trade places with you. Don’t forget that.
- Obama’s Re-Election Inspires Southern Secessionists (swampland.time.com)
- Secession Petitions: What They Mean In The Context Of History (whnt.com)
- White House Petition Calls For Anyone In Favor Of Secession To Be Deported (americanlivewire.com)
- Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states (news.yahoo.com)
- Good News Everybody! Letting Red States Secede Would Help Balance Budget (addictinginfo.org)