Yeah, I’m an adult. I don’t care! I like kid movies! So there! 😛
What prompts this outburst? I just finished watching the movie “Ramona and Beezus” and I loved it. I grew up reading Beverly Cleary books and to see this lovable character come to life was great. I always loved Ramona’s antics. I will admit there didn’t seem to be too many repercussions for some of her behavior but in general she was a fun character that I loved reading about.
I think this movie really lived up to the books. I know people are thinking, “They’re books for kids!” Yes, they are. But if you think about it, it really could have gone in the opposite direction. They could have totally ruined a childhood favorite. Not this movie! If you ever read the books, you’ll love it. With Selena Gomez as Beezus, John Corbett as Dad, Bridget Moynahan as Mom, Ginnifer Goodwin as Aunt Bea, and Josh Duhamel as Hobart Kemp you had a great cast. Then add Joey King as Ramona. Well, what can I say? She was the perfect person for this lovable little girl.
So in case you wanted a walk down memory lane that is pretty easy to sit back and smile at, check it out. The time watching it was like a time machine and I was instantly a kid again.
- Review: Ramona and Beezus Pleases (seattlepi.com)
- ‘Ramona and Beezus’: Sisters come to life in sunny series of escapades (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Review: ‘Ramona and Beezus’ (mysanantonio.com)
- Ramona grows up, just a little bit (theglobeandmail.com)
- A family film with a dose of reality (thestar.com)
- Ramona’s journey began in 1955 book (mysanantonio.com)