The thing I hate about politics is all the mudslinging and stupidity. They will bring up things that have no real bearing on the issues. And some people actually buy into it. The one that got me today was Newt Gingrich slamming on Mitt Romney for knowing the French language. Personally I do not like either of these politicians so this is definitely not for either one of them. But this type of thing is exactly what gets me. What is wrong with knowing the French language? Yes, Romney spent time over in France on his missionary thing that people of the Mormon faith do. But is that really something to slam him on?
I wish politicians actually had to answer real questions about what they believed in and what they planned to accomplish and how instead of bad-mouthing someone. I mean, “And he speaks French, too!” OMG! I know a little French, should I question my American citizenship? I wonder about all those people down in Louisiana who speak some French and Cajun…if I know a little French, man they must really be screwed.
Wanna read the article from Yahoo that I’m talking about? http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-hits-romney-knowing-speak-french-150300235.html?fb_action_ids=338419952843180%2C338374029514439%2C338372579514584%2C338367556181753%2C2454309078894&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQCOhMEUCcNK_tKiJtM6K0hyjtG_N82mcjH-SFs816hv888opfenRRjw-KyGNe1aIV-e2tInNr7vvBXkE49CiRkyWZjTQXOWEr1I20ZLKEzTnvTkKL0fz-SakICu_X-BpA4DRq9fT-j8ch2rrC2nQ_IxCYO-ONAxSAbix-eJ8gazU5L0Gu4IuomwixDA9iHmPbo#_=_
- Political Words of the Week: Attacks and Dead Ends (swampland.time.com)
- Lost In Translation: Gingrich Aghast That Romney Speaks French (tammybruce.com)
- MON DIEU! Newt Ad Blasts Mitt Romney’s “French Connection” (businessinsider.com)
- Newt Gingrich’s Mitt Romney ‘French’ Ad Stops Just Short Of Noting His ‘Purdy Mouth’ (mediaite.com)
- Newt Gingrich’s attack ad gives Mitt Romney a French dressing-down | Paul Harris (guardian.co.uk)