I have been talking to some friends about this and am wondering what the rest of the world thinks. So if there is anyone reading this, please respond. Is Mr. Right a myth or what? So far I haven’t seen him. He’s pretty much like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to me. People swear he is out there, but I ain’t seen him.
I jokingly wrote about how a woman’s criteria for her man list changes over the years. Maybe that is the problem. Mine hasn’t. But then again, mine didn’t seem to complicated to me.
- Make me a priority. If I am not at the top of the list then I will not stay on the list.
- Be honest. I have had too many people lie to me. It hurts. I am one of those people who reads others pretty well. I will catch it.
- Be affectionate. I like hugs and kisses. If you don’t then you’re out.
- Be employed or at least independently wealthy. I’m not a bank and can barely afford my own upkeep.
- Have a smile that reaches his eyes. If a person’s eyes don’t light up when they smile, it is fake. I don’t want fake.
- Be attentive but not overly. I don’t like a clingy-ass man but I do like one that pays attention and cares whether I am breathing.
- Be spontaneous when appropriate. Don’t decide in the middle of a restaurant to take your shirt off, but why not say, “Hey! I was thinking we haven’t done anything just for us in a while. Why don’t we go on a day trip?”
- Be respectful and require that of the people in our lives. I have had relationships where the friends of the guy were not respectful to me at all and he did nothing. Then when I said or did something to fix it I was accused of being the bitch. I shouldn’t have had to do it in the first place and if he had been man enough he would have done it for me. I don’t allow others to speak ill or be disrespectful to the man in my life and I have the same expectation.
- Be thoughtful. I like presents just because. I don’t require expensive ones. Just something that lets me know I was thought of. It really goes a long way and is DEFINITELY in his best interest. (Lesson for men: Rewards are often given for this behavior.)
- Consider me when making decisions. If something that someone is going to do affects my life, then I should be consulted.
- Rub my hair! I know this might sound a little odd but I have a hard time sleeping and rubbing my hair relaxes me and makes me feel safe and secure. The better I rest, the better mood I’m in. Easy to see this is quite beneficial.
- I would love a man to take out the trash. I can do a lot of things but I despise taking out the trash.
- Like football. I was raised in Alabama and we LOVE football. It’s a way of life.
- Try to like some of the same stuff I do. You might not like it and that is ok. But be appreciative that I do like it.
So I don’t think this list is too hard. So either I am asking too much or Mr. Right really is a myth. I’m not sure which it is. I do know that I ain’t settling. I have had enough of so so for the rest of my life!